Mercedes - Marty

No replies to this topic

#1 Dman

Dman

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 22,306 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:07 AM

Here is a different twist on repairing large dents that really cuts down repair time for me. This is a Mercedes SUV fender that was backed into by a boat trailer. What makes this repair different is that it was done without any conventional PDR rods or tap downs. It was fixed with two dollies and a master tool. My original charge was $675, and the body shop estimate was just over $2300 because it was written for a new fender and lots of blend time etc. I ended up giving him $100 off the bill because he took it before it was finished because he couldn’t see anything left to fix . The total time was 50 min including the crappy photography.

This repair was stopped above the 95% level because the customer couldn’t see anything left. This guy is a repeat customer and belongs to the local Porsche club, and used to send me work, so I let him watch. Normally I would not have let the customer watch a job like this because they go fast, and people think your screwing them no matter how bad it looks originally or how much money you save them LOL.

To view this article in its entirety, you must subscibe to the ppv section.

• Art likes this

"I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you"

Reply to this topic